Working for SAIC

Former Employee - Project Control Analyst III in Mc Lean, IL
Former Employee - Project Control Analyst III in Mc Lean, IL

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, relationship with other departments was great, the team I was working with was excellent, first line managers were great

Cons

No career advancement, hard to get promotion, no training available, too much bureaucracy, benefits were getting worse from year to year

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Solid Internship

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at SAIC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work culture, lots of trust and responsibility placed in interns, open to ambitious ideas and initiatives, very generous summer conference for interns

Cons

Shrinking projects in non-science/engineering, gargantuan corporate decision-making processes

Advice to Management

Focus more on providing a clear career path to interns, and not just an HR training session

2. A good place to work.

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SAIC is a large, stable company. The benefits were good, although their compensation package was inferior compared to some of their smaller competitors (at least, in the sector I worked in). I rarely dealt with the company as 99.9% of the time, I worked for our customer at a different worksite. When I did have personnel issues, SAIC was always responsive and helpful.

Cons

Yearly evaluations were confusing and there was no uniformity at all. It was up to the employee to choose their yearly goals, therefore most employees set the lowest possible standards so that they could "exceed and excel" every year. My yearly evaluation was completely dependent on who my current supervisor was at the time. Most of the time, as I worked at the customer site on a different contract from my SAIC supervisor, they had little to no idea what I did on a day to day basis and therefore my yearly evaluations were vague and unhelpful. It would have been better had my SAIC supervisors been able to consult with my customer chain of command on my yearly performance.