There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Working for SAIC

Former Employee - Project Control Analyst III  in  Mc Lean, IL
Former Employee - Project Control Analyst III in Mc Lean, IL

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits, relationship with other departments was great, the team I was working with was excellent, first line managers were great

Cons

No career advancement, hard to get promotion, no training available, too much bureaucracy, benefits were getting worse from year to year

1114 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Overall, experienced pleasant mobility within the Contract; with required skills, able to easily advance.

Former Employee - Salaried Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Salaried Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Only worked on one Contract for over 10 years. Great atmosphere in the company prior to the split in September 2013. The personnel in our location were awesome; family-like. Some managers helped their employees; communicating news about the way ahead. Training was abundant at the start of the Contract; lesser later on due to budget restraints.

Cons

Top management and some mid-level managers did not keep their personnel informed of items pertaining to the company nor the Contract. Job opportunities used to be ample but not so anymore, due to the company split. Now, only minimul opportunities for those leaving Contracts. The company is only hiring the new generation, it seems.

Well, due to the splitting of the company, managers were downsized; comapny is still standing up. For future managers, the company motto should be 'we keep our employees informed'.

Best, Better, Good, Average, What's next?

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good talented people to work with.

Cons

Disappearing health insurance, disappearing 401K, smaller raises, and shrinking or no bonuses are a cause for alarm not only in this company but in this industry. It seems to be a race to see who can get rid of any overhead that benefits employees the fastest. Eventually I will move to a smaller company where many of my co-workers are headed

"SAIC values its employees" has become a hollow statement and "SAIC needs to cut back to remain competitive" is now the mantra. When the best and brightest end up working for the subcontractors I will join them.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!