There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

A rapidly changing company

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My best reasons for working at SAIC are my colleagues, including my immediate managers. Even when working on separate projects, we help each other out as best as we can. At least in the part of the company where I work, there is an atmosphere of trust, support, and respect. We look out for each other.

Cons

SAIC is the smaller of the two companies resulting from the split of "old SAIC" into SAIC and Leidos on October 1, 2013. A "matrix" reorganization has created annoyances at the working level and may have made us less nimble, not more. The business environment is increasingly constrained. Upper management is looking for all sorts of ways to cut costs, which is imposing burdens on employees. The customers are spending less on contracts, so raises and bonuses are increasingly scarce. (The quality of benefits fell sharply a couple of years ago, before the split, and is holding steady lately.) The company is not committed to anyone who isn't covered full-time -- an unpredictable condition in a time of sequestration and occasional government shutdowns. SAIC no longer offers the opportunities it once did.

First, you have little to sell but your employees' time, so take care of your employees before those with choices go away. Second, give your organizations the leeway to invest in business development before they run out of work to do. Third, if looking after the interests of shareholders is preventing you from doing either of the above, take the company private as soon as you can.

1140 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Working for SAIC

Former Employee - Project Control Analyst III in Mc Lean, IL
    Former Employee - Project Control Analyst III in Mc Lean, IL

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, relationship with other departments was great, the team I was working with was excellent, first line managers were great

Cons

No career advancement, hard to get promotion, no training available, too much bureaucracy, benefits were getting worse from year to year

Overall, experienced pleasant mobility within the Contract; with required skills, able to easily advance.

Former Employee - Salaried Employee in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Salaried Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Only worked on one Contract for over 10 years. Great atmosphere in the company prior to the split in September 2013. The personnel in our location were awesome; family-like. Some managers helped their employees; communicating news about the way ahead. Training was abundant at the start of the Contract; lesser later on due to budget restraints.

Cons

Top management and some mid-level managers did not keep their personnel informed of items pertaining to the company nor the Contract. Job opportunities used to be ample but not so anymore, due to the company split. Now, only minimul opportunities for those leaving Contracts. The company is only hiring the new generation, it seems.

Well, due to the splitting of the company, managers were downsized; comapny is still standing up. For future managers, the company motto should be 'we keep our employees informed'.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC