Best, Better, Good, Average, What's next?

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good talented people to work with.

Cons

Disappearing health insurance, disappearing 401K, smaller raises, and shrinking or no bonuses are a cause for alarm not only in this company but in this industry. It seems to be a race to see who can get rid of any overhead that benefits employees the fastest. Eventually I will move to a smaller company where many of my co-workers are headed

"SAIC values its employees" has become a hollow statement and "SAIC needs to cut back to remain competitive" is now the mantra. When the best and brightest end up working for the subcontractors I will join them.

Other Reviews for SAIC

Overall, experienced pleasant mobility within the Contract; with required skills, able to easily advance.

Former Employee - Salaried Employee  in  Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Salaried Employee in Falls Church, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Only worked on one Contract for over 10 years. Great atmosphere in the company prior to the split in September 2013. The personnel in our location were awesome; family-like. Some managers helped their employees; communicating news about the way ahead. Training was abundant at the start of the Contract; lesser later on due to budget restraints.

Cons

Top management and some mid-level managers did not keep their personnel informed of items pertaining to the company nor the Contract. Job opportunities used to be ample but not so anymore, due to the company split. Now, only minimul opportunities for those leaving Contracts. The company is only hiring the new generation, it seems.

Well, due to the splitting of the company, managers were downsized; comapny is still standing up. For future managers, the company motto should be 'we keep our employees informed'.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Software Security Engineer  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Software Security Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

SAIC is a good place to work. Nothing spectacular about pay or benefits but the people you work with are top notch and many have been in the industry for a long time and eager to share their experience and knowledge. Local operations and business units are very good at keeping the work coming in and we keep the customers happy.

After the corporate split into SAIC and Leidos the corporate management seems eager to regain that something special that SAIC used to have when it was employee owned and before the founder retired.

Cons

Top management has gone down hill since Dr Beyster left the CEO position and the company drifted towards being a typical defense contractor body shop. A series of weak CEOs seemed too eager to make us clone of everybody else. Too little investment in employees, too eager to trim costs. Seems to be turning around post split but the dust is still settling.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!