SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Best, Better, Good, Average, What's next?

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good talented people to work with.

Cons

Disappearing health insurance, disappearing 401K, smaller raises, and shrinking or no bonuses are a cause for alarm not only in this company but in this industry. It seems to be a race to see who can get rid of any overhead that benefits employees the fastest. Eventually I will move to a smaller company where many of my co-workers are headed

"SAIC values its employees" has become a hollow statement and "SAIC needs to cut back to remain competitive" is now the mantra. When the best and brightest end up working for the subcontractors I will join them.

1163 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Software Security Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Software Security Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

SAIC is a good place to work. Nothing spectacular about pay or benefits but the people you work with are top notch and many have been in the industry for a long time and eager to share their experience and knowledge. Local operations and business units are very good at keeping the work coming in and we keep the customers happy.

After the corporate split into SAIC and Leidos the corporate management seems eager to regain that something special that SAIC used to have when it was employee owned and before the founder retired.

Cons

Top management has gone down hill since Dr Beyster left the CEO position and the company drifted towards being a typical defense contractor body shop. A series of weak CEOs seemed too eager to make us clone of everybody else. Too little investment in employees, too eager to trim costs. Seems to be turning around post split but the dust is still settling.

Excellent company to work for!!!

Former Employee - SharePoint Systems Architect in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - SharePoint Systems Architect in Chicago, IL

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company goes out of their way to help their employees maintain their technical edge and explore new opportunities of learning for career growth.

Cons

Many positions within the internal job board require DoD security clearance and most of the hiring managers aren't willing to sponsor. The company would have a greater retention policy if they would change this one thing.

Work with your recruiters and hiring managers to give them the flexibility to sponsor current employees to obtain or upgrade their security clearance! (They're not that expensive in the scope of things!)

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC