There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

SAIC - pretty decent place for military contracting

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

My contract looks to promote internal before external. There are numerous projects and opportunities to excel and gain great IT experience and knowledge. There is a wide range of flexible hours that will suite any schedule. Very descent benefits along with discounts and programs available (ie: tuition reimbursement, metro reimbursement, annual training, online cbts).

Cons

On my contract, when a position is open there is a MAD rush to get it filled so that the company does not loose money from the government. This sometimes leads to unqualified people in management/technical positions. My way or the high way rules tend to be applied from upper management.

Listen to your employee's opinions and do not forget even though we work for you, we also work with you. If we as employees do not perform, the contract fails and then we ALL are out of a job!

1140 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Entertaining if you can put up with BS

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Great bonuses:
    Referring friends who have TS/SCI + fullscope polygraph gets you a $500 bonus.

Great pay:
    Cleared software engineers with 5 years experience typically get $48,000/yr.

Cons

Management makes decisions based on blogs.
    401k eligibility goes from on to off to on based on what position/billet you're in.
    Frequently have to pay for supplies such as PCs, router, VIsual Studio, or Zend Studio
    Have to timeshare equipment (AM and PM shifts for the same PC)
    Managers get to use your cube as their additional storage area for boxes, books, swag, other office supplies
    Managers save program funds by not reimbursing for customer directed travel expenses (like hotel, food, conference fees)
    Division manager think that a qualified project lead is a "go-getter" fresh out of college
    Security frequently misplaces paperwork causing long delays in processing

Think real carefully about why the stock hasn't gone anywhere since the IPO.

An O.K. place to work as government contractors go. Too many locations for this review to be all inclusive

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

saic has so many locations that there is not a "one size fits all" answer. For my specific situation pay is the driving factor

Cons

Typical large company mentality. Lots of forms to fill out and lots of people doing nothing that contributes to the bottom line.

none, why bother