There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Lots of great people working for the company and they seem to really value their employees.

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, personal growth, work-life balance and lost of good people in the company and it seems like the company really values their employees. No waiting period or anything for benefits. Get full benefits immediatly.

Cons

Working on a government contract can be a bit stressful when you don't know what is going on with the contract and no it is hard to show how good of a worker you our when your boss is a gov employee and you rarely see your SAIC Manager.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hard to Connect with Company Culture if Working Remote

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work was good and most people were very professional. Pay in my case was good, as was the ability to work independently at client locations (may vary depending on management).

Cons

It was hard to be a part of the company. As a remote employee, I felt more like an independent contractor most of the time. As long as the client was paying, having me onboard was no big deal. Once funding ran out, no opportunities were available and I was terminated.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to understand the perspective of the everyday employee, who cares about doing good work and making a good living, not stock prices, company splits, and other corporate busywork. Understand that not everyone is gunning to make VP or CEO one day, reward us appropriately, and see how much better things get. You can't force a culture, but you can start to grow a good one.

2. Great growth experience with SAIC

Former Employee - Program Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Engaged with many new technologies in industry and the government

Cons

Very little opportunity to move within the company. Promotions and changes are very stovepiped

Advice to Management

Encourage greater employee mobility in the company and do not force good talent to leave SAIC for other opportunities with the competition.