SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Some good, some bad.

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Paid well, interesting work up to a point.

Cons

Very bureaucratic, not much focus on employee development. Taught just enough to do my job but not enough variety to make it interesting on an ongoing basis. Too much repetition.

1163 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Management only takes care of themselves and the stockholders

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, good colleagues and work life balance.

Cons

High cost of medical and dental, high deductibles. Depending on the manager, flex time may or may not be an option. 19 PTO for new hires only if you are at $150,000 or higher. Current employees got grandfathered at 19 PTO if under $150,000.

We know part of your bonus is tied to the stock price, and that is a factor why you favor buying back shares. Next time think of putting some of that cash towards employee salaries and invest in the company for a long term strategy.

Hard to Connect with Company Culture if Working Remote

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work was good and most people were very professional. Pay in my case was good, as was the ability to work independently at client locations (may vary depending on management).

Cons

It was hard to be a part of the company. As a remote employee, I felt more like an independent contractor most of the time. As long as the client was paying, having me onboard was no big deal. Once funding ran out, no opportunities were available and I was terminated.

Upper management needs to understand the perspective of the everyday employee, who cares about doing good work and making a good living, not stock prices, company splits, and other corporate busywork. Understand that not everyone is gunning to make VP or CEO one day, reward us appropriately, and see how much better things get. You can't force a culture, but you can start to grow a good one.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC