Good solid traditional company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Human resources, payroll, travel services and other administrative roles are staffed with dedicated individuals.
Reliable raises (at certain salary levels) for good performance.
Training and College programs are well established (depending on the contract)
Employees at all levels are professionals in attitudes and in their roles.

Cons

Satellite facilities are not as well maintained, since there are MANY facilities everywhere.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic work/life balance, normal contracting issues

I have been working at SAIC full-time

Pros

I've never been asked to crunch. Actually, I have to ask permission to work extra (which they almost always allow). Friendly co-workers. Tons of job security. If working with the right division, you can work on some really cool stuff and be sent to some really cool places. This job gave me a lot of invaluable experience without too much stress.

Cons

Its a contractor, so you have to deal with the normal bummers associated with contract work. That can mean doing things the way the customer wants, not the way you think is best. The benefits package is underwhelming.

2. Review of SAIC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at SAIC full-time

Pros

Wonderful employment opportunity. This is a company that rewards loyalty and will do what it takes to obtain, train, and retain valued employees. They regularly issue bonuses and raises to performers. In particular, their Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) and 401k benefits are quite impressive.

Cons

They changed / reduced their health benefits as a cost cutting measure in response to Obamacare / ACA that has turned lots of people off / away. They used to have a culture that "expected" regular uncompensated overtime hours but I seen that change firsthand in the past 5 years and they have made great progress towards respecting a healthy work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Be sure to obtain surveys from people who have resigned willfully and in a timely manner. Understanding and incorporating feedback from these is key to reducing voluntary turnover.