Quite possibly the last company that I'll ever be employed with.

Current Employee - Site Lead  in  Fairbanks, AK
Current Employee - Site Lead in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Everyone that I work with are professional, friendly, knowledgable and willing to share what they know to ensure that you too have success. We perform our duties under contract, so everyone has a vested interest to perform their best as it maintains the contract. With contracts located nationally and worldwide you do get the feeling that the world is your oyster as you can move around.

Cons

Working as a contractor and conforming to the contracted companys culture based on their expectations from you. Bonuses, benefits and training can feel limited due to the budget alloted for the contract. Sometimes certain employee services can be hard to get addressed because geographically their offices are at a different location in the country.

Always maintain open communication with your employees. Look into how employee services can best be used to provide assistance to your employees for their region.

Other Reviews for SAIC

SAIC has interesting opportunities in the Federal Government IT sector.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Good diversity of workplace opportunities. I enjoy the mix of projects that I'm allowed to contribute to.

Cons

Cyclical nature of government contracting. Things go boom for a year, and then suddenly people "disappear" because the funding is all gone.

Provide greater financial incentives for innovation. Currently there is very little financial incentive for people below middle management.

SAIC is a good place to work if you can put up with the red-tape.

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

There is a good variety of work to be done within SAIC. In other companies, when the work dries up, layoffs tend to happen. At SAIC, if you are talented, they try hard to find work on other projects for you. Also, the work is interesting. There is some job satisfaction in developing systems that are used to make our country stronger.

Cons

Bureaucracy impeding you at every turn. There is no 360 degree review process to provide feedback to management. It can be a tough environment to work in.

Employees want to be productive. Support them. Do more to remove barriers of productivity. SAIC is a big company, but project teams work in isolation. Do more to foster teamwork and partnership between employees on different projects and in different divisions.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!