SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Quite possibly the last company that I'll ever be employed with.

Site Lead (Current Employee)
Fairbanks, AK

ProsEveryone that I work with are professional, friendly, knowledgable and willing to share what they know to ensure that you too have success. We perform our duties under contract, so everyone has a vested interest to perform their best as it maintains the contract. With contracts located nationally and worldwide you do get the feeling that the world is your oyster as you can move around.

ConsWorking as a contractor and conforming to the contracted companys culture based on their expectations from you. Bonuses, benefits and training can feel limited due to the budget alloted for the contract. Sometimes certain employee services can be hard to get addressed because geographically their offices are at a different location in the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways maintain open communication with your employees. Look into how employee services can best be used to provide assistance to your employees for their region.

SAIC has interesting opportunities in the Federal Government IT sector.

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Good diversity of workplace opportunities. I enjoy the mix… Cons: Cyclical nature of government contracting. Things go boom for a… Advice to Senior Management: Provide greater financial incentives for innovation. Currently there is… More

SAIC is a good place to work if you can put up with the red-tape.

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: There is a good variety of work to be done within SAIC. In other companies, when the work dries up, layoffs tend to happen.… Cons: Bureaucracy impeding you at every turn. There is no 360 degree review process… Advice to Senior Management: Employees want to be productive. Support them. Do more to remove barriers of productivity. SAIC is a big company,… More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.