There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

10 years.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in North Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in North Charleston, SC

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Corporate Culture is among the finest available. They stipulate the highest level of maturity and ethics, and they follow it.

Cons

Corporate structure of any company this large is very rigid. If you are not at the place you want to be in your career you should consider building it elsewhere first. Otherwise you will always be held back based on your original hire skills.

Find ways to improve your speed and responsiveness to customer needs. Internal processes are extremely cumbersome and customers don't want to wait when they can find smaller, more responsive companies around the corner.

1140 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

The non-profit that was generating billions of dollars in sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Latest tech
    Pride
    Job significance
    Company history
    Quality of work.

Cons

Certain HR and management dealing with outside consulting firms in an unethical manner.
    Waste of company's resources.
    Management that if it was not deceitful it was incompetent.
    Some were much better in office politics and much worst in managing projects.
    A parent company that was fighting constructive change till it was too late.
    Nepotism.

Non needed since it is too late for them to receive advice or feedback.
    Most of them lost their jobs or were pushed to a meaningless and redundant position since the merger.
    The saga continues in the parent company that since going public saw its stock price sinking to almost a tenth of its initial real value.
    It should be as high as CME, not as low as a failing retailer.

Still the same SAIC

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

large company size theoretically allows more opportunity for advancement and moving around on different projects, probably enhances overall job security

Cons

One year later, another internal employee survey later with the same results as the past however many years running... communication, communication, communication. Management's response for the umpteenth time is "We hear you, we're striving to improve." Management says employees are their first priority, but don't follow up on the speeches with action.

At my annual review, my manager said with a straight face that my annual acheivements didn't matter because this review was just to get everybody into the new performance evaluation system.

Recently, hundreds of employees were shocked to have many of their benefits stripped way back as part of a contract negotiation to win a big contract. The benefits change effectively gave most people a 3% pay decrease, but management still says employees are their #1 priority. These benefits changes only affect a portion of the overall workforce, though, which means that some employees retain benefits such as 401k company match, better leave hours earned, and lower insurance premiums.

Remember the Golden Rule, and remember how it was when YOU were the low man on the totem pole. Actions, not words, count. Rhetoric without follow-through is worthless. Mean what you say and say what you mean. If corporate bottom line is more important than employee morale, fair enough... just don't bluster over it with phony speeches about how much the company values their employees. We know you approve of the money we help you bring in... I like that too. It means for the time being my job is probably safe. But favorability in this company is rampant, and if you honestly think I'm just a disgruntled employee with an axe to grind, you need to take the blinders off and take a real assessment of the company's policies and how they look to the Little People way down here.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC