SAIC

www.saic.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Very competitive salary-wise; huge lumbering bureaucracy; certainly treat employees fairly, but don't expect "amazing."

Current Employee - Policy Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Policy Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

They're very competitive salary-wise. They have a large number of contracts, so easier to switch positions while staying with company than it is with many competitors.

Cons

It's a huge corporation, with a huge lumbering bureaucracy. There are limited opportunities to move into management. While one can switch positions within the company, don't expect any help finding them. I would say SAIC is as good as the position in which you are currently working. Don't expect them to be able to give you progressively more challenging/engaging work, or to be able to find work that you are necessarily interested in. This, of course, is true of the industry in general.

Really establish and promote a vacancy database and capability database. We had to go to the trouble to populate the capabilities database. Now make it so we can actually use the informatino we submit to find new positions within the company.

1212 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

SAIC in Huntsville

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

The management at SAIC is always working to improve the life their employees. There is an abundance of opportunities for advancement and plenty of new business to be had with all the Army research and development that goes on in this area. They have a great program for professional development, they will reimburse the cost of college, and professional certifications. They have a great HR department who is very helpful in all aspects. They have a very flexible work schedule, as long as 80 hours are completed in the pay period it is fine.

Cons

The benefits package is run of the mill.

None.

Quite possibly the last company that I'll ever be employed with.

Current Employee - Site Lead in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Employee - Site Lead in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Everyone that I work with are professional, friendly, knowledgable and willing to share what they know to ensure that you too have success. We perform our duties under contract, so everyone has a vested interest to perform their best as it maintains the contract. With contracts located nationally and worldwide you do get the feeling that the world is your oyster as you can move around.

Cons

Working as a contractor and conforming to the contracted companys culture based on their expectations from you. Bonuses, benefits and training can feel limited due to the budget alloted for the contract. Sometimes certain employee services can be hard to get addressed because geographically their offices are at a different location in the country.

Always maintain open communication with your employees. Look into how employee services can best be used to provide assistance to your employees for their region.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC