Ethical company with good compensation and benefits.

Current Employee - Deputy Project Manager  in  Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Deputy Project Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

SAIC offers excellent compensation and benefits. They pursue a lot of different types of contracts so they offer a large variety positions. The company is very focused on ensurring the ethical behavior of management and employees. They have an extensive self development site for computer based training.

Cons

Growth opportunities are few outside of the San Deigo and DC areas. Mostly contract work, so if you lose your contract and position you need to find yourself new work within the company or expect to be laid off. There is still some internal competition for the same contracts going on within the company.

I would recommend that management pay more attention to the development and retention of growing managers.

Other Reviews for SAIC

How you feel about SAIC all depends on what office you work in.

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

For me personally I have been very fortunate to find a group of people within SAIC that I love working with. My direct manager is AMAZING, although those above him aren't quite so wonderful. My manager has worked hard to allow all of him employees to grow and learn. So for me I have to say the people I work with on a daily basis are the best reason for me to work at SAIC.

Cons

Trying to figure out what senior management is thinking would take an entire full of Ph.D's. I have very little faith in them and the decisions they have been making about this company.

STOP!!!!! and listen to your employees. And I don't mean the ones that sit in the board room with you. Go to office outside of Northern Va and San Diego; talk to the real employees and find out what they think and feel about the current position of SAIC>

Good compensation and security but not very exciting.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Flexible environment. Mgmt understands that your life is bigger than your job. Rarely have to work over 40/hrs/week. Seems to have excellent job security.

Cons

Very homogeneous work-force -- almost all ex-military. Sometimes not very professional in methodology. Not cutting-edge work in most cases. Much of the work is "same-old, same-old". Can feel a little stifling.

Disappointed with the loss of employee-ownership. So many promises were made about the future of the company if an IPO happened and little seemed to change. I feel we've lost one of our distinctives as a government contractor.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!