There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

OK work, great flexibility

Current Employee - Consultant  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

The company offers structures that give you the possibility of great flexibility - the standard hours can vary for salaried positions (with full benefits when you are scheduled for at least 30 hours a week), and there are other kinds of work status that allow for professional work with limited hours. Actually doing that, of course, depends on your supervisor and client. The nature of the work is totally dependent on the client, but there is plenty of satisfying and rewarding work, and there is usually a good deal of horizontal mobility.

Cons

The company used to be really fragmented. Senior management seems to be really focused on changing that, but I still sometimes see a culture that is focused on doing the best for one division. That's not always bad, but it does mean that project managers sometimes sit on people or resources that could be better used.

1114 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

A diverse company with many opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

good benefits and an understanding of work / life balance. Variety of work available to pursue all within the same company!

Cons

large company so there is a tendency to feel like you are a number. Must really make an impact to be recognized for your work.

knowledge sharing is an area I feel really could improve at SAIC. If I am an engineer who works on 'widgets', I'd love to be able to communicate with my peers (widgeteers as it were) who are spread throughout the company.

Good place to work, limited opportunities in San Diego area.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Good environment at the local level, opportunity to work on very different types of projects. Local management recognizes talented people and tries to encourage their growth. Certain divisions dedicated to providing top quality CMMI Level 5 work.

Cons

Company seems to have lost interest in capturing work in San Diego area. All HR functions are focused around the beltway facilities.

Remember that there are SAIC facilities throughout the world, and since it's a technical company, distributed project teams can actual maximize your talent pool. Don't put on job help seminars only in VA on East coast time, remember there are employees everywhere.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!