SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

The best place to work that you've never heard of.

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Torrance, CA

I worked at SAIC

Pros

One of the best companies I've worked for. Employees are intelligent, reliable and dedicated. Although nothing is handed to you, the ways to improve your skills and better your chances for advancement are available and well-communicated. Compensation is in line with market and those with security clearances are in high demand. Hard work is well rewarded with merit pay and bonuses. There are opportunities to move with in the company to many different geographic locations.

Cons

Long hours are expected, although this is somewhat balanced by telecommuting. You are expected to be available immediately at all hours, even on vacation. Employees are very competitive and not always helpful.

Hire the best and let them go.

1156 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

How you feel about SAIC all depends on what office you work in.

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

For me personally I have been very fortunate to find a group of people within SAIC that I love working with. My direct manager is AMAZING, although those above him aren't quite so wonderful. My manager has worked hard to allow all of him employees to grow and learn. So for me I have to say the people I work with on a daily basis are the best reason for me to work at SAIC.

Cons

Trying to figure out what senior management is thinking would take an entire full of Ph.D's. I have very little faith in them and the decisions they have been making about this company.

STOP!!!!! and listen to your employees. And I don't mean the ones that sit in the board room with you. Go to office outside of Northern Va and San Diego; talk to the real employees and find out what they think and feel about the current position of SAIC>

Ethical company with good compensation and benefits.

Current Employee - Deputy Project Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Deputy Project Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

SAIC offers excellent compensation and benefits. They pursue a lot of different types of contracts so they offer a large variety positions. The company is very focused on ensurring the ethical behavior of management and employees. They have an extensive self development site for computer based training.

Cons

Growth opportunities are few outside of the San Deigo and DC areas. Mostly contract work, so if you lose your contract and position you need to find yourself new work within the company or expect to be laid off. There is still some internal competition for the same contracts going on within the company.

I would recommend that management pay more attention to the development and retention of growing managers.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC