SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Stable Job poor pay no growth for technical employees

Current Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

It is a stable job but you will sacrifice salery for it. I have been working for SAIC for nearly 5 years now and have just made the cost of living increase nessary to stay where I was to begin with was in the 2% range on salery. This company is more focused on getting more out of there employees and paying them less that rentention. Example you are required to log any comp time you work but you will not see any overtime pay, they simply charge the gov. for your hours and pocket the money not very ethical if you ask me.

Cons

Very underpaid. I'm in the lower 2% of comparable experience.

Compensate for experience and performance not who kisses the most butt.

1155 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

SAIC, a great place to work if you have patience.

Current Employee - Senior Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accounting Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Professional growth and pay. Generally a friendly working environment. The company does a great job in allowing employees to pursue their career interests.

Cons

Long hours. Work/Life balance is difficult. It takes a long time to get something done/approved. It feels like a government run operation at times.

Continue to try to streamline processes. Be sure there are processes in place to ensure every employee has the right level of responsibility (i.e. there are many employee just collecting a pay check and are not working very hard at all). Get rid of the fat.

Overall, a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

SAIC is a large, employee owned company with lots of opportunities. They provide many free online courses through their SAIC university, as well as paid courses. Many jobs for intel folks, transitioning military. My work-life balance is great due to an understanding manager and customer.

Cons

Job security is contingent on the contract you are working on. If the contract goes, you may very well be looking for another job. The key is to get on a long-term contract. SAIC has no clear career paths for professional growth. Your experience at SAIC has much to do with the business unit and division you are in.

Concentrate on growing the people you have.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC