SAIF
www.saif.com Salem, OR 500 to 999 Employees

The best place to work

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)
Salem, OR

ProsExcellent pay and benefits, great people work there, they give you the best resources to do your job well. I learned a lot working there. I only left because I moved out of state.

ConsSome of the managers are not that great. Staffing is always changing and because of that, I had 8 or 9 managers while I was there. This can affect reviews since sometimes your new manager doesn't really know you. There also seems to be a lot of nepotism since a lot of husbands/wives, parents/children, brothers/sisters, etc. work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot really, except some of the management choices don't make sense, and middle management seems a bit "top heavy".

Governmental Mentality and Backwards Thinking

Loss Control (Current Employee)
    Salem, OR

I have been working at SAIF

Pros: They pay the Medical and Dental Benefits If you are a… Cons: Dictatorship Micromanagement Not Forward Thinking Employees are Paranoid Poor Unqualified Supervisors Managers do not respect others opinions or experience Don't question… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people on the Executive Counsel that actually have Insurance experience outside… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Love my job at SAIF

I have been working at SAIF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Employees care about the customer, the process, and the outcome. I love working with a group of people that are so conscientious. We have the… Cons: Depending on where you work at SAIF, you may experience some micromanagement, but I don't think any more than anywhere else. I experienced that with… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAIF.

Worked for SAIF? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIF reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIF CEO Brenda Rocklin. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIF employees.