There are newer employer reviews for SANDOW

Opportunity to help build a growing company, rare in today's media landscape

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at SANDOW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative, entrepreneurial environment; fun perks like in-office manicures/massages and an in-house free Starbucks; great people and amazing offices

Cons

This company is in a period of transition from a small startup to a mid-sized operation and there are growing pains that come with this; management being split between 2 corporate offices in different cities can sometimes be a challenge

Advice to Management

Put more focus on developing good managers and leaders

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Innovative, Supportive and a FANTASTIC place to WORK!

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at SANDOW full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High-energy work environment. Flexible work schedule, lots of incentives for sales team and management is very hands on and supportive.

Cons

Be flexible with change and innovation! It's a very entrepreneurial environment-need to be a self starter and motivated.

Advice to Management

Company values are strong and management is very hands on to improve and constantly innovate the way the company operates. Lots of perks to include in-office amenities from an on site Starbucks to manicures, massages, samples and more!

Just Say NO!

I worked at SANDOW full-time

Pros

Design is gorgeous. I've met some wonderful people while working here.

Cons

Working at Sandow is like being in the movie "Mean Girls." Staff is "cliquey" I felt like I was back in high school instead of a professional atmosphere. Upper management is cold and condescending. For example, Many mornings I'd greet the CD or other upper management with a "Good Morning" and she'd always turn her head and walk faster...completely rude! No room to grow, they like keeping you in the roles you were initially hired for instead of nurturing and growing talent. No raises, No overtime pay. Instead of raises or bonuses, they like you give lavish gifts and fill the office with fancy coffees to hide the fact. Also, seeing the CEO in new sports cars and new aquisiitions made me question their honesty and ethics No Communication between CEO/Upper management and rest of company. Inefficient: Used Old software, on deadline I'd work until 10-11 pm with no lunch break and weekends. AD is a micromanager who created additional unnecessary work, rude and wasn't open to new ideas.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to get off their high horses and come back down to earth. Respect and appreciate hard working staff with raises!