Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Applications Consultant III in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Applications Consultant III in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Vast opportunity to learn because of the diversity and complexity of our products for just about any industry /sector or business problem.
Multicultural environment, excellent rapport across teams.
Lateral career opportunities , relocation to a number of different countries and cities - can be awesome for someone who likes to travel.

Cons

Promotions (in Consulting) can take very long even if you have been doing very well , its just a near flat organization

Too much travel, constantly on the road.

The company sometimes seems too big and there is just too much information out there in the internal portal, It can exhaust you to look for simple things..

Advice to Management

Utilization numbers matter. But they dont improve customer satisfaction. Change your reward mechanisms away from utilization only.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. SAP is a great place to work.

Current Employee - BI sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - BI sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

SAP is a great growth company. The company is providing many great of opportunies to advance my career in the software industry.

Cons

The company is a very large organization and sometime hard to navigate.

2. Very positive work environment, though some quirks due to German ownership/management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

I've had excellent opportunities to advance so far; co-workers are hard working and respectful. Compensation, benefits, work site and ability to travel are all contributors to a solid work environment New executive leadership seems very solid.

Cons

Some quirks due to German ownership/management. Like most tech companies there are frequent reorganizations which can be disruptive. Very sales driven which can defocus on long term needs at times.

Advice to Management

Would ask that leadership continue to invest in workforce skills. Like many tech companies our work force is aging and not all have skills to keep our business competitive.