There are newer employer reviews for SAP

Excellent Company and culture

Current Employee - Development Lead  in  Cupertino, CA
Current Employee - Development Lead in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Working Moms are very well appreciated
Good Pay
Good Vacation Package

Cons

If you are looking for a place to have a professional growth in terms of becoming a manager this is not the best company to work with. They usually bring excecutives from the outside rarely develop people, even if you are a top performer

improve motivation and growth for employees.

1921 Other Employee Reviews for SAP (View Most Recent)

Oversold

Current Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP

Pros

SAP overall is a great company. There is low turnover and the majority of employess have been there 5+ years. They have great perks for fulltime employees i.e., free lunch, tuitiion reimbursement, etc. There are a lot of contract employees which don't reap these benefits. Contract employees are indefinite and there is really no explanation as to why this is or how to eventually become permanent. Overall I found it surprising that for a tech/software company a lot of upper management is on the "senior" side and not very technologically savvy at all.

Cons

The communication between the different departments is pretty nonexistent. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. This creates frustration when you realize that 3-4 people have been tasked with the same thing and you've just been spinning your wheels. Also there are some senior level management that treat administrative staff as if they are beneath them even though without them they wouldn't be able get anything done. My work isn't necessarily challenging and I find myself bored and watching the clock quite often.

Trim the fat. Define the roles of your employees and really get to know your employees strengths and put them in a role that challenges and inspires them. You have some great talent but they are suffocating under the managers that have outlived their usefulness and are afraid to let them spread their wings for fear they might outshine them.

Work life balance is very difficult

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Great place to learn about IT

Cons

Work life balance is difficult

There are newer employer reviews for SAP

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!