SAP

Oversold

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP

Pros

SAP overall is a great company. There is low turnover and the majority of employess have been there 5+ years. They have great perks for fulltime employees i.e., free lunch, tuitiion reimbursement, etc. There are a lot of contract employees which don't reap these benefits. Contract employees are indefinite and there is really no explanation as to why this is or how to eventually become permanent. Overall I found it surprising that for a tech/software company a lot of upper management is on the "senior" side and not very technologically savvy at all.

Cons

The communication between the different departments is pretty nonexistent. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. This creates frustration when you realize that 3-4 people have been tasked with the same thing and you've just been spinning your wheels. Also there are some senior level management that treat administrative staff as if they are beneath them even though without them they wouldn't be able get anything done. My work isn't necessarily challenging and I find myself bored and watching the clock quite often.

Trim the fat. Define the roles of your employees and really get to know your employees strengths and put them in a role that challenges and inspires them. You have some great talent but they are suffocating under the managers that have outlived their usefulness and are afraid to let them spread their wings for fear they might outshine them.

2270 Other Employee Reviews for SAP (View Most Recent)

Work life balance is very difficult

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Great place to learn about IT

Cons

Work life balance is difficult

Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Applications Consultant III in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Applications Consultant III in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Vast opportunity to learn because of the diversity and complexity of our products for just about any industry /sector or business problem.
    Multicultural environment, excellent rapport across teams.
    Lateral career opportunities , relocation to a number of different countries and cities - can be awesome for someone who likes to travel.

Cons

Promotions (in Consulting) can take very long even if you have been doing very well , its just a near flat organization

Too much travel, constantly on the road.

The company sometimes seems too big and there is just too much information out there in the internal portal, It can exhaust you to look for simple things..

Utilization numbers matter. But they dont improve customer satisfaction. Change your reward mechanisms away from utilization only.

There are newer employer reviews for SAP