Oversold

Current Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at SAP

Pros

SAP overall is a great company. There is low turnover and the majority of employess have been there 5+ years. They have great perks for fulltime employees i.e., free lunch, tuitiion reimbursement, etc. There are a lot of contract employees which don't reap these benefits. Contract employees are indefinite and there is really no explanation as to why this is or how to eventually become permanent. Overall I found it surprising that for a tech/software company a lot of upper management is on the "senior" side and not very technologically savvy at all.

Cons

The communication between the different departments is pretty nonexistent. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing. This creates frustration when you realize that 3-4 people have been tasked with the same thing and you've just been spinning your wheels. Also there are some senior level management that treat administrative staff as if they are beneath them even though without them they wouldn't be able get anything done. My work isn't necessarily challenging and I find myself bored and watching the clock quite often.

Trim the fat. Define the roles of your employees and really get to know your employees strengths and put them in a role that challenges and inspires them. You have some great talent but they are suffocating under the managers that have outlived their usefulness and are afraid to let them spread their wings for fear they might outshine them.

Other Reviews for SAP

Very positive work environment, though some quirks due to German ownership/management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

I've had excellent opportunities to advance so far; co-workers are hard working and respectful. Compensation, benefits, work site and ability to travel are all contributors to a solid work environment New executive leadership seems very solid.

Cons

Some quirks due to German ownership/management. Like most tech companies there are frequent reorganizations which can be disruptive. Very sales driven which can defocus on long term needs at times.

Would ask that leadership continue to invest in workforce skills. Like many tech companies our work force is aging and not all have skills to keep our business competitive.

SAP is a great place to work.

Current Employee - BI sales  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - BI sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

SAP is a great growth company. The company is providing many great of opportunies to advance my career in the software industry.

Cons

The company is a very large organization and sometime hard to navigate.

There are newer employer reviews for SAP.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!