SAP
3.8 of 5 1,794 reviews
www.sap.com Walldorf, Germany 5000+ Employees

Working within SAP Retail IBU

Vice President (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsProvides good solid benefits, talented people, solid and very large global customer base, very flexible with ability to work from home. Strong financially stable. Extensive global partner eco-system.

ConsNot very innovative, and becoming increasing unable to execute. Living off large maintenance revenue stream. No cloud strategy. Retail Industry business unit has no leadership and no real power to develop solution direction and investment. development teams unable to execute in reasonable time compared to competition. Sales organization in North America does not know how to sell retail solutions and unable to position what they have. Net new License revenue growth in North America has been limited over past three years at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop investing in retail development because your sales organization does not know how to sell retail solutions.

Great as a contractor but I wouldn't want to work there... full time that is.

Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: SAP has a culture of positive reinforcement and feedback with regards to individual employee relations. If you with the right team of people… Cons: Unfortunately, there is also a culture that promotes over working and very little work life balance. In fact work life balance is an aspect that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

SAP is a great company to work

Senior Support Consultant (Current Employee)
    Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work life balance, work culture, team work, professionalism Cons: high expectations from customer and quite often unrealistic, SAP takes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAP.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAP CEO Bill McDermott . All reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees.