There are newer employer reviews for SAP

This is a great company that is re-inventing itself, listens to new ideas, lots of smart people.

Current Employee - Senior Director in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Senior Director in Burlington, MA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Potential impact of your work is great, because SAP has reach and muscles.
SAP takes care of its employees. Full benefits, vacations accumulate up to 5 weeks (at 10 year mark).

Cons

It's a big company: prepare to navigate politics and work the system. SAP craves innovation but there are strict technical boundaries as to how a product is built (e.g. java only), which slows down some innovation efforts.

Lift barriers to innovation.

1982 Other Employee Reviews for SAP (View Most Recent)

Four years as contractor and one year as full time employee

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SAP is really good company to work at. Its main positive sides are: compensation and benefits, corporate culture and values , work environment, flexible working hours, respect to each other's culture.

Cons

Big company which moves and makes the decisions slowly. Slow promotion. The company quickly dismisses contractors, without any explanations. Contractors don't really get majority of benefits.

Listen more to employees' opinions and improve top-down communication. Try to reduce, a least a bit, level of bureaucracy.

Great company to work for and best product available...by far

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SAP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The most innovative company I have ever worked for. SAP is changing the landscape with new technologies that most people haven't even thought about. I like working at a company where I know the products are the best, most creative, and benefit its customers better than any other solution can.

Cons

Keeping pace with the number of advancements SAP has. For customers its great because they can focus on what they need at the time and know SAP has it. However for employees, we are expected to know what they are and it takes time to learn them all.

Continue building teams of experts for individual apps for employees to go to for answers.

There are newer employer reviews for SAP