There are newer employer reviews for SAP

SAP - could go up or go down. Still a nice place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Good benefits and work climate. No hire and fire mentality. Lots of different departments that deal with vastly diverse subjects. People from all over the world work together, US, India, Germany, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Czechs - you name it. Free lunch and generally a people-friendly work environment. No nickel and diming on snacks and drinks at work.

Cons

Proprietary technology is seen as superior (we always did it in ABAP and it's better). Infrequent weird knee-jerk micromanagement from top management. Increasing us vs. them (management vs workers) mentality - away from the 'we are a team' culture. There are more and more levels of management, although the new CEO wants to change that. There are many departments that viciously defend their turf even though their products are unneeded or miss the market. Talking to customers is left to a thin layer that doesn't communicate with the people who build the product.
It is hard to make it into higher management - generally those are hired from the outside or move in sideways through the MBA channel, having no product experience.
Another downside is that you have to use some of the older products that are really hard to use.

Do some management by walking around. Use some of your products.

1925 Other Employee Reviews for SAP (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Director  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros

innovative hi-tech company, good compensation and worldwide operations, very good environment for working and advancement, steady in uncertain times, no hire and fire policy, very collaborative workplace, good compensation package with strong healthcare provider

Cons

no good stock options program, German company in the US, i.e. less influence on headquaters

kepp it up,

Progressive company, great employer.

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at SAP

Pros

Progressive company focused on delivering customer-oriented solutions.

Cons

Long hours make the work/life balance difficult.

We must continue to provide innovative solutions to our customers. Thank you for funding that goal.

There are newer employer reviews for SAP

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!