SAP

www.sap.com

SAP - could go up or go down. Still a nice place to work.

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsGood benefits and work climate. No hire and fire mentality. Lots of different departments that deal with vastly diverse subjects. People from all over the world work together, US, India, Germany, France, Canada, Bulgaria, Czechs - you name it. Free lunch and generally a people-friendly work environment. No nickel and diming on snacks and drinks at work.

ConsProprietary technology is seen as superior (we always did it in ABAP and it's better). Infrequent weird knee-jerk micromanagement from top management. Increasing us vs. them (management vs workers) mentality - away from the 'we are a team' culture. There are more and more levels of management, although the new CEO wants to change that. There are many departments that viciously defend their turf even though their products are unneeded or miss the market. Talking to customers is left to a thin layer that doesn't communicate with the people who build the product.
It is hard to make it into higher management - generally those are hired from the outside or move in sideways through the MBA channel, having no product experience.
Another downside is that you have to use some of the older products that are really hard to use.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some management by walking around. Use some of your products.

Great company to work for!

Director (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP

Pros: innovative hi-tech company, good compensation and worldwide operations, very good environment for working and advancement, steady in… Cons: no good stock options program, German company in the US,… Advice to Senior Management: kepp it up, Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Progressive company, great employer.

Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at SAP

Pros: Progressive company focused on delivering customer-oriented solutions. Cons: Long hours make the work/life balance difficult. Advice to Senior Management: We must continue to provide innovative solutions to our customers.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAP.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!