SAP
3.8 of 5 1,647 reviews
www.sap.com Walldorf, Germany 5000+ Employees

SAP (EMEA)

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent customer focused company with world-class products and a very advanced ability to react to changing market situations when it comes to creating/changing product/service offerings. Good forecasting culture and lots of skilled (regional and global) people that can support sales engagements. Excellent market traction and easy to address the market. Good demand management and a strong ecosystem of active partners. Highly supportive administrative process with OTE's paid on time. The cons (below) are quite easy to mitigate (or live with) and in summary SAP is a great IT vendor and a good employer both for junior and senior professionals.

ConsThe focus is on business management with weak people management. Employees need to manage themselves and everything around them according to their own plan while mid-management focuses on forecasting and following-up. Working result oriented according to best practice isn't straight forward since Account Executives ultimately decide what fits into their yearly sales plan. Sales Managers project manage the sales cycle. However, there's a global Value Engineering team that can be called in to do the value based selling and explain why customers should buy something from SAP, why now, and what would happen if they don't buy.

Awesome

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Brand product experts on demand future insight Cons: Salary and travel to distant locations depending on demand Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Marvellous learning experience

Software Development Intern (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at SAP as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Flexi work hours, employee empowerment and equality. In SAP Asia, colleagues are your friends. Innovative work environments that promote… Cons: The new location at University Town might be inaccessible for… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAP.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAP CEO Bill McDermott & Jim Hagemann Snabe. All reviews posted anonymously by SAP employees.