There are newer employer reviews for SAP

senior professional with experiences in various areas of the company

Current Employee - Senior Director in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a great company if you look for working in an international cultural environment, truly global perspective. It would give you experiences from technology to business perspective. It's a company to stay long time.

Cons

You need to find the opportunities to build your career, even if you are a HiPo. From management perspective, it is still a little bit nationality driven.

Advice to Management

Don't change the culture. Add more Talent programs.

Other Employee Reviews for SAP

1. SAP Service coordinator

I worked at SAP full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay and great benefits. tons of opportunities

Cons

I did not see anything negative

White, misogynist, Male driven

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great, bright, smart, fun colleagues. Fairly good salary, comparable to industry.

Cons

I worked at this company from 1994 through to 2009, the core software has not changed since R3 days, they have bought the newer technology and kind of tried to bundle it together. I would not look at this company as being leading edge in the software field. Most companies have spent so much money implementing that they can't get rid of this behemoth until fully depreciated. Highlight of my career at SAP is when they put together an agenda for a user conference and the agenda said the men attended the talks and the women were to go for aromatherapy messages, I kept that agenda and still have it posted in my office to remind me of where I have come from and that you need to kiss a few frogs along the way. That kind of summarizes the female careers at SAP. Looking at the board today I see nothing has changed: 9 men, 0 women; 8 Caucasians 1 Indian; 5 Germans, 3 American and 1 South African (this has really changed since my day when it was 8 Germans and I American). So if you are a female serious about your career this is not the company for you. If you are happy to sit in middle management and stay away from the sales men then plod your way through the various acceptable positions for females, the glass ceiling here is low and thick. There is a strange corporate culture and a lack of diversity. For my sins I now have to engage with the sales men of SAP and I burst out laughing when they end a meeting with the wonderful line of ‘So can you sign today?” – such a cliché.

Advice to Management

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a sports field, in an army, or in an office. Diversity creates a rounded point of view - missing from this organisation. Define what your corporate culture is because your employees are confused.