There are newer employer reviews for SAP

Good and has room to improve

Current Employee - Senior Tech Consultant in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Tech Consultant in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

has some great management and has some not so great management
I have seen managers that are fantastic and managers that have not even the basic people skills...(forget management)

Cons

not a bad pay I think,, well that is as far as I know.
too many layers and needs some cleaning up

Keep up the good work and make sure that HR works for employees...so far its know that HR is only for management and not employees...hopefully its a misconception

1989 Other Employee Reviews for SAP (View Most Recent)

Good work-life balance but slow with politics

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

good environment, flexible hours, talented people to work with and lots of opportunities

Cons

low pay for junior people, and pace is relatively slow for the junior people and not too much space to grow

Senior Executives need to get a clue of what is happening

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good company with a nice product portfolio. If they stay focused on employees and customer and not just the "quarterly number" they have a chance to continue to grow and stay a viable company. Good benefits. If in the right group, good people.

Cons

Focus on quarterly number is too short sighted. Being in sales leadership has become a horrible place to be. We are supposed to "lead and inspire" our people but are given nothing to do so. Wake up...good leaders are leaving every day. Management pay is not compelling (as if your whole team is not producing you are unlikely to hit bonus). Even if you do they might apply a funding factor to find a way not to pay you.

SAP still can be a great place but the foundation of what made it great (employee and customer first) with profits a close second is rotting away. Also need more career options for Sales leadership. These positions grind good leaders down after a certain time period (due to culture mentioned above). SAP is a complex place and experienced leaders are hard to find. Don't let them walk out the door...

There are newer employer reviews for SAP