SAP

www.sap.com

Great experience, seeking more mentorship

Current Employee - Intern  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Intern in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Many co-op students, several large company (all-hands) meetings that give you the opportunity to meet other people outside of your dpt. SAP looks great on your resume but I am not sure it is the place for F/T opportunities

Cons

many cliques within floors and departments, comp sci dpt looks down on sales

Invest in mentoring younger employees or co-op students

Other reviews for SAP

Great environment, great people and great work!

Current Employee - Support Consultant  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Support Consultant in Bangalore (India)

Pros

You have the freedom and flexibility to work without someone bossing over you.The facilities and perks are great which make you want to stay at work. The people who work here are unanimously nice, working together like a well oiled machine.

Cons

College freshmen are hired in droves but there is no mechanism or process to ensure they start contributing to their teams and the company goals. Very frustrating to deal with.
    Salary hikes haven't been that great for a few years now.

Management needs to overhaul the salary structure for employees as per market conditions. A lot of employees with lower than market salaries are actively looking out for other opportunities outside SAP.
    Also please don't encourage college kids who seem to be using SAP as a stepping stone to other organisations or higher studies. This really affects team dynamics. This happens in the Labs office and these college freshers are more interested in participating in dance contests and other activities other than contributing to SAP's goals.
    I propose a stricter and more frequent evaluation for freshers.... Probably hire them on probation.

A good company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

Nice people, nice working environment. Despite we take the agile development process, the work pace is still low. We can have a lot of time on our interests. Work life balance are great.

Cons

The work in not challenge, and actually i think it is not a technical company or a geek company, but a company more focus on sales and consultants.

Make the work more challenge, and pay us more. We can give the company a bright future.

There are newer employer reviews for SAP.

Worked for SAP? Contribute to the Community!