Senior Support Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a global company but kind of traditional IT company. You could learn lots of solution landscape with various customer from various industries. Promotion is step by step, seems not to be rapid though you've the exceptional performance. Personal growth is based on your ambition, but not

Cons

The insight into projects is not deep though you touch so many critical customers. The wok-life balance is OK. The compensation is good as a German company, but not comparable to US company in internet industry.

Other Employee Reviews for SAP

1. Would have like to found a role before being 'let go'

Former Employee - Product Manager
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work for. Good processes and good recognition. Would have liked to continue working if I could find a new role after the strategic shift. If you are 'connected' you can really rocket up the corporate ladder.

Cons

Working out of a small country limits career opportunities unless it is a sales and marketing role. Very distinct favoritism directed the German employees. I was warned that the day would come when I might be let go, but SAP was fair when I was let go.

Advice to Management

Has been on the right path technologically and sales wise since Bill and Jim took over. Just keep doing what you've been doing

2. Good work balance

Former Employee - QA Lead in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - QA Lead in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance, good perks and good opportunity to learn. The company follows good Agile process using LEAN methodology with Continuous Improvement.

Cons

There is very little opportunity to evolve since all high positions are taken and the company has been in headcount freeze for years.