SAS Institute

www.sas.com

Best place to work, ever

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsSmart people; laid-back, academic atmosphere. Lots of great perks like a full gym, olympic pool, health and fitness programs, inexpensive great food in the cafeterias, m&m's (and lots of other free food) in the break rooms. Individual offices - cubes are only used for interns and in space emergencies (which are rare).

ConsThere is somewhat of an entitlement attitude among many employees which makes it frustrating if you're actually trying to get work done. There are a lot of political games at the division head level that are annoying to those in the trenches.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to manage out poor performers. I have seen many people hang on for years or even decades that we'd be better off without.

Best Culture Out There

Associate Analytical Consultant (Current Employee) Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros: Amazing culture. You get to work with extremely smart and interesting people every day and everyone smiles at you in the hallway. 35 hour work… Cons: Supposedly they don't pay at the top of the market. This statement is somewhat hard to swallow however, since I am still trying to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Ranked #1 on World's Best Multinational Workplaces List - November 2012!

Legal Division (Current Employee) Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I love the collaborative culture here at SAS; you don't see the backbiting and negativity found in other large companies. Not only my team, but… Cons: Because of the job satisfaction rate, people rarely leave, so there is a great deal… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAS Institute.

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!