SAS Institute

www.sas.com

Great place for employees

Industry Consultant (Current Employee) Cary, NC

Prosvery supportive of employees - good physical work environment, big offices, good equipment, great benefits. On site day care, health care, great food, lunch time sports leagues. Showers.

Consnot so friendly to outsiders who have not been with the company long. Training for new employees is a bit light because most people have been here a long time and don't need orientation.

Advice to Senior Managementholding employees more accountable for performance would help address some degree of complacency that exists because people don't worry about losing their jobs or the prospects of the company not being able to continue to provide as well for them.

Very few employees work at the SAS described in Fortune, the rest are just a number.

Computer Operations Specialist (Current Employee) Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Government like employee retention policy, no one gets fired or… Cons: Hiring family within the same work group is "not allowed" but the policy isn't enforced. How a company this large doesn't see that is a… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management seems to have a grasp on things but the folks between them and the common person are living in a make believe land.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place to work, ever

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee) Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Smart people; laid-back, academic atmosphere. Lots of great perks like a full gym, olympic pool, health and fitness programs, inexpensive great food in the… Cons: There is somewhat of an entitlement attitude among many employees which makes it frustrating if you're actually trying to get work… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid to manage out poor performers. I have seen many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAS Institute.

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!