SAS Institute
www.sas.com Cary, NC 5000+ Employees

Great place, most exciting parts are Sales and R&D

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Cary, NC

I worked at SAS Institute full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAbsolutely has great benefits, which I appreciate more now after I've left. Generally really good people and interesting problems.

ConsSlow salary growth - you'll never see your core salary grow much even when you're promoted. There's little collaberation across departments and it can be near impossible to get the support you need from others unless you have a really good network. It's a long process to learn the company and start to have any significant influence.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing a ton of young, promising leaders because they do not get an opportunity to advance quickly. Give people big projects that demand performance and reward those who do!

Great Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SAS Institute

Pros: Work-life Balance. I worked out at lunch every day! Cons: Hard to move a round Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stable, professional company that you can be happy working

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Campus-like environment with many on-site services: gym, day care, cafeterias, etc. Very low employee… Cons: Very complex software with a lot of history Lower than industry-standard… Advice to Senior Management: Become more agile and allow innovation to happen more quickly. It seems that many decisions are made for non-technical, non-business reasons. That is,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAS Institute.

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAS Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAS Institute CEO Jim Goodnight. All reviews posted anonymously by SAS Institute employees.