SAS Institute
www.sas.com Cary, NC 5000+ Employees

Everything you hear is true.....but

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome place to work. Lots of employee amenities and they take very good care of you and your family when you work here. Low stress work environment, great people and beautiful campus.

ConsSalaries are lower than scale (at least in non-development and technical areas) and if you don't have a family it can be hard to justify the difference despite all of the employee perks. Professionally, there are some growth limitations and it seemed when a manager left they didn;t promote anyone, they just swept their employees under an existing one. Knew some very unhappy people there.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on developing defined career paths for non-technical employees.

Software Development Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SAS Institute

Pros: very relaxed and balanced environment, people get their work done… Cons: not much down side, its a good company to work… More

very enriching nice working environment

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: good benefits, nice people, good software Cons: you will not get rich Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAS Institute.

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAS Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAS Institute CEO Jim Goodnight. All reviews posted anonymously by SAS Institute employees.