SAS Institute
www.sas.com Cary, NC 5000+ Employees

Not what it's cracked up to be - same as most places , nothing special at all.

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Cary, NC

ProsGood environment , good office space and equipment, some good managers, food is good in cafeterias , flexible hours and casual dress code . Decent work/life balance.

ConsThey think they can do no wrong, they treat the CEO like a God . There is a big network of old timers who don't seem to like new people much at all . Benefits are way overrated unless you have young kids. Pay is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people better , benefits don't pay the bills. Make the software more modern, it's not 1980 any more.

Pretty solid overall...

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good people. Reasonable expectations. Employees are treated fairly. Cons: Not a place for rapid advancement. Downside to low turnover is management stays static and almost impossible to get… Advice to Senior Management: Shake up the management structure a little bit. Give some of the younger generation a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
    Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Probably the best work/life balance you'll ever experience. Great on-site services… Cons: Low pay (because they pay you in benefits instead), zeros… Advice to Senior Management: The low-turnover rate that gets so much media attention isn't exactly a positive thing. I think SAS could be more successful if that rate increased… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAS Institute.

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAS Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAS Institute CEO Jim Goodnight. All reviews posted anonymously by SAS Institute employees.