There are newer employer reviews for SAS Institute

Technical Student Intern

Current Employee - Technical Student  in  Cary, NC
Current Employee - Technical Student in Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful benefits, even for a lowly student intern! I can really tell that everyone I've met at SAS enjoy what they do. I worked in a small team and everyone was kind and understanding. Even as an intern, I felt appreciated and welcomed.
Also, I got a strong feeling that this company is ideal for people with families, especially small children since there is a daycare on site!

Cons

Marketing and market research doesn't seem to be a strong point for this company. Given my short duration of time there, I can't say for sure, but the marketing team that I worked with struggled with communication and I've heard that the market research department is rather underfunded and understaffed. For a company that is the largest private corporation in the US, it is rather unknown to the public. When I tell people I interned at SAS, for most people (without comp/stat background) the name did not ring a bell...
Overall,

349 Other Employee Reviews for SAS Institute (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, but hard to grow

I have been working at SAS Institute as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

SAS has legendary benefits, excellent amenities, and a fantastic working environment. If you find a role doing something you like, you cannot beat the workplace environment.

Cons

Not a lot of churn. People are content and perhaps a little complacent. Opportunities for learning are there, but the general tempo is slow, and opportunities for career advancement are few.

Mixed Feelings

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SAS can be great for some, the benefits are great and they have a top-notch fitness program. On-site health care is convenient for immediate illnesses.

Cons

The company has a lot of under-employment and complacency. There is also a lot of nepotist. The biggest issue is that there lack of mobility/advancement.

time to really innovate! the focus on sales and legacy systems is holding the company back.

There are newer employer reviews for SAS Institute

Worked for SAS Institute? Contribute to the Community!