SBE

There are newer employer reviews for SBE

Interesting Company with management issues

Former Employee - Manager Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Manager Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SBE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Young, diverse staff who are excited to go to work everyday

Cons

Management has a clear disconnect with the employees

Empower the employees below you

6 Other Employee Reviews for SBE (View Most Recent)

Worse than a prison

I have been working at SBE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The PM shift wages are reasonable but after tax, fees for over priced uniform (£15 for trousers with no pockets, zips etc) and a pension plan I had no say in joining in our still earn peanuts.

Cons

My first warning sign was I never really had an interview, I showed up and they pretty much hired me there and then and expected me to straight pretty much straight away.

Breaks are horrendously short, by the time you get to the canteen your breaks are shortend by a good five minutes, so we really get a 5 minute and a 15 minute break, a whole 20 minutes in total!

The process of booking time off is painful, you rarely hear back as to if its been accepted or not and it somehow always takes more than a week if they do get back to you. Good luck if you need to make travel plans.

The whole building feels like a prison, cameras everywhere, security wandering around, no pockets on our trousers. It makes you aware that the low level staff are not trusted at all.

The company is target driven and what I can tell it doesn't matter if you do a good job or not as long as your target is met. It is very common for the same phone to come in more than twice with the same fault, a new one or because we damaged it. I'm unsure of the quality of the parts we use but I'd imagine they are the cheapest ones out there.

As for training, I have received very little, if one brand of phone has all been done I can do nothing else. The repair team are not truly qualified in repair, having no formal documentation to prove their skills, another factor in the large amount of 'bouncers' we get in

It's common for staff to end a shift at 10.15pm and be in the next morning shift at 6am, I've seen this a few times and as far as I'm aware legally we are required to have 11 hours between shifts.

I've been here less than a year and I'd much rather be somewhere else, anywhere would better than here. Every time I see a member of HR come into my department I pray that they're going to fire me.

Be a decent human being and treat your staff they way they deserve to be treated, without them you are nothing

Team Lead

I have been working at SBE (less than a year)

Pros

Office culture, personal growth, promotions

Cons

work-life balance, very passed paced

work-life balance