There are newer employer reviews for SBM Management Services

was good. wish it lasted longer then it did.

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at SBM Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people and comfortable workspace.

Cons

wish I could come up with one.

Other Employee Reviews for SBM Management Services

Has to be one of the worst in the US

Current Employee - Second Line Manager At A Major Company in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Second Line Manager At A Major Company in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at SBM Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hmmmm, other than getting paid I can't think of anything positive. Oh wait, clean bathrooms. As often as not, the folks in pay even screwed up my pay. I personally know that either mine or someone I work with have had their pay screwed up every time we get paid. Maybe the long list of times we're sued which is quite a bit. Some of the managers are fairly nice and decent people.

Cons

I can't figure out who the leader of this screwed up company is. The so called CEO struts around like a little rooster and screams his head off. It seems like all the so called sr. managers are nothing more than talking heads. I absolutely see no direction. We have so many ways to do the same thing and it depends on the whim of the sr. managers. We don't do things in the customer or our best interest. Our direction changes every time the wind does.

Advice to Management

Bring in some managers who know how to manage. It seems that everytime we get someone from the outside in who tries, they don't last long. This management team thinks that the outsiders have the problems, they don't realize that that nothing will change as long as we keep doing the same thing. The sr. managers should attend some management training, maybe talk to some of the managers at the companies that we clean their toilets. I'm sure they'd learn something, they are so ineffective that I can't believe that we make money. And from what I understand we aren't making, we're scraping by. Clearly this couldn't be a publically traded company, the CEO would be removed. I've never seen such and unprofessional group. Note to management. Most of us are only here for the money and are actively looking for other employement. Are you paying attention to the turnover rate, it has to be costly. I don't think you know how to look at data and make business decisions but good luck with it. I know it's bad for me to work this way, but I do need a job and I can survive in this screwed up company without ever doing anything. I have a couple of interviews and will defintely be gone by the 1st of the year, and there are others who will be gone to.

Rapid advancement opportunities; Difficult environment for work life balance

I worked at SBM Management Services full-time

Pros

Rapid advancement opportunities Work with Fortune 500 customers Exciting and challenging projects Technology-focused Strong safety culture Involvement in major sustainability and social responsibility efforts

Cons

Demands outside normal work hours are frequent and often completely unnecessary Team members who don't pull their own weight stay around way too long Negative and caustic communication is the norm Goals frequently shift

Advice to Management

Although the effort is there to deliver crystal clear communication, people often leave meetings, discussions, etc. with differing expectations and mixed messages. Also, practice restraint and communicate more effectively to get what you want....don't just say whatever makes you feel good in the moment. It usually results in the opposite of its intended effect.