There are newer employer reviews for SCANA

SCANA Corp

Current Employee - Application Developer in Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Application Developer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

Job security and benefits are the best things about this place. You don't have to worry about this place going anywhere since it's a utility and benefits are probably on par with every other major company in this area.

Cons

There is no opportunity for advancement. They play politics with your career. If you want to advance in this company, it's probably better to get a higher level job somewhere else and then come back to SCANA. Lots of people have done it this way. It's not really a bad job as far as atmosphere. It can be laid back and the people are okay, but when you are young, trying to marry and start a family, the pockets can really begin to hurt a little when you can't get a promotion even after doing everything they ask of you and more. I even tried to apply for a higher level position within the company and was told I could not even get the advancement I wanted that way. HR said it was a "lateral move".

Advice to Management

I would ask that they keep the politics out of the workplace. Don't say that it's a recession and there will be a salary/hiring/promotion freeze and then promote several of your best buds in the executive management level.

reviews filtered by

Looks Good from the outside

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

Money and facilities are above average

Cons

Employees are more focused on self than the team. Mean spirited managers that are not friendly at all and are very class conscious.

Advice to Management

Knock the chip off your shoulder, we all work for the same goal.

They do well.

Current Employee - CRS in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - CRS in Charleston, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

It can eventually open up a lot of doors within the company. Pay attention, work hard, do things right, take advantage of opportunities. You'll be able to move. It may not be the fastest move, but it will be something. You will learn, grow, and eventually get there. When you do you will have a good foundation to stand on.

Cons

They demand a lot of you. They can be forgiving, but they watch everything. They will judge, test, etc to see exactly how things are going on - if they are legitimate and on the up and up. Once they really know, then they will act on it.

Advice to Management

DO the renewables. Just find a way.

There are newer employer reviews for SCANA