There are newer employer reviews for SCANA

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cayce, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cayce, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

SCANA is overall a great place to work. It has great benefits. The education reimbursement program is great also.

Cons

The atmosphere is quite traditional and old fashion, however. There are a lot of older people that work there that are basically waiting to retire. They don't care about producing good work. It's very traditional.

Management tolerates employees who do not perform or have other employee issues. It causes low morale in certain departments and it seems as though the people that cause the problems don't suffer any consequences.

29 Other Employee Reviews for SCANA (View Most Recent)

SCANA Corp

Current Employee - Application Developer  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Application Developer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

Job security and benefits are the best things about this place. You don't have to worry about this place going anywhere since it's a utility and benefits are probably on par with every other major company in this area.

Cons

There is no opportunity for advancement. They play politics with your career. If you want to advance in this company, it's probably better to get a higher level job somewhere else and then come back to SCANA. Lots of people have done it this way. It's not really a bad job as far as atmosphere. It can be laid back and the people are okay, but when you are young, trying to marry and start a family, the pockets can really begin to hurt a little when you can't get a promotion even after doing everything they ask of you and more. I even tried to apply for a higher level position within the company and was told I could not even get the advancement I wanted that way. HR said it was a "lateral move".

I would ask that they keep the politics out of the workplace. Don't say that it's a recession and there will be a salary/hiring/promotion freeze and then promote several of your best buds in the executive management level.

Looks Good from the outside

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

Money and facilities are above average

Cons

Employees are more focused on self than the team. Mean spirited managers that are not friendly at all and are very class conscious.

Knock the chip off your shoulder, we all work for the same goal.

There are newer employer reviews for SCANA

Worked for SCANA? Contribute to the Community!