SCANA

www.scana.com
There are newer employer reviews for SCANA

SCANA's Customer Service department leaves little to be desired!

Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Gastonia, NC
Former Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Gastonia, NC

I worked at SCANA

Pros

good pay on the whole for a company, benefits are good, most coworkers are good to be around and work with

Cons

bad management in the customer support area want everyone to make adjustments and not clearly communicate what they are until they are ready to fire you then all the sudden they can sit and explain it to you. The Customer Service dept is the only poorly run department in the business, if you're seeking employment in other areas you should be okay!

Shake up the current customer service management, there are some bad apples in there that are ruining the atmosphere, and making it an unhappy place to work.

35 Other Employee Reviews for SCANA (View Most Recent)

SCANA Corp

Current Employee - Application Developer in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Application Developer in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

Job security and benefits are the best things about this place. You don't have to worry about this place going anywhere since it's a utility and benefits are probably on par with every other major company in this area.

Cons

There is no opportunity for advancement. They play politics with your career. If you want to advance in this company, it's probably better to get a higher level job somewhere else and then come back to SCANA. Lots of people have done it this way. It's not really a bad job as far as atmosphere. It can be laid back and the people are okay, but when you are young, trying to marry and start a family, the pockets can really begin to hurt a little when you can't get a promotion even after doing everything they ask of you and more. I even tried to apply for a higher level position within the company and was told I could not even get the advancement I wanted that way. HR said it was a "lateral move".

I would ask that they keep the politics out of the workplace. Don't say that it's a recession and there will be a salary/hiring/promotion freeze and then promote several of your best buds in the executive management level.

Looks Good from the outside

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I have been working at SCANA

Pros

Money and facilities are above average

Cons

Employees are more focused on self than the team. Mean spirited managers that are not friendly at all and are very class conscious.

Knock the chip off your shoulder, we all work for the same goal.

There are newer employer reviews for SCANA