There are newer employer reviews for SCVNGR

No better place to work

Former Employee - Sales Rockstar  in  Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Sales Rockstar in Cambridge, MA

I worked at SCVNGR as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great company, cool start-up culture, wildly passionate and hardworking people, great perks and good food!

Cons

Nothing bad about working here!

18 Other Employee Reviews for SCVNGR (View Most Recent)

Lot's of potential, Narrow minded individuals

Former Employee - Rockstar  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Rockstar in Cambridge, MA

I worked at SCVNGR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very laid back and young work environment.

Cons

Unfortunately, the fact that they are young and laid back is the exact reason why this company will never be tier 1. The young culture is fun but their is zero professional guidance. Merit is based on a fraternity like recognition structure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this company isn't around in a few years. Don't even think about a career with this company. Pay is extremely minimum and there is little opportunity for growth.

Get real management. Putting people with absolutely zero management experience in charge is exactly why you will fail.

Hard work, hard play, good product

Former Employee - Sales Rockstar  in  Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Rockstar in Cambridge, MA

I worked at SCVNGR as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The company culture at the SCVNGR HQ in Boston (was previously in Cambridge) is awesome. The average age is very low - probably around 26. Everyone on staff is very bright, motivated, and committed to generating a good product. SCVNGR operates under the premise that happy workers are productive workers, so it is an extraordinarily pleasant place to work. Although quite fun, the work is demanding and expectations are high, which creates a sense of accomplishment when a task is completed.

Cons

The hiring process can be frustrating. I worked as an intern in the summer of 2011, and I was interested in pursuing full-time employment after graduating in 2012. Although the company expressed clear interest in me (or at least I thought they did), they continually delayed the hiring process to a point where I got frustrated and gave up trying to obtain employment.

Be more clear about hiring timelines!

There are newer employer reviews for SCVNGR

Worked for SCVNGR? Contribute to the Community!