SCVNGR
www.scvngr.com Boston, MA 16 to 50 Employees

TheLevelUp--Personable employees, bad higher ups

Sales ROCKSTAR (Former Employee)

I worked at SCVNGR as an intern for less than a year

ProsReally fun, energetic company who hires fun, energetic people. Pay is competitive, commission structure in sales wasn't built for tacking on more than 10,000 extra per year--however the company changes various structures so quickly maybe it's changed by now.

One of the best internships you can get if you're a Northeastern student and going on Co-Op-- pays very well.

Consthey fire people on short notice, dragged along a group of intern-to-full-times and instead of offering them full time jobs or letting them go, they just extended the sales intern contracts for another three months to "test" them out some more. Gave them a little bit more money but not worth it.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more transparent with your employees

A fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at SCVNGR full-time for more than a year

Pros: You'll be hard pressed to find a more casual work environment. Everyone wears jeans, they provided a lot of food, and it is incredibly… Cons: Because it's a startup, sometimes it's a little disorganized. By the end of 2012 they were just scraping together a HR team, people's performance bonuses… Advice to Senior Management: Organization and training for all management positions will go a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A 7 month long roller coaster ride (in a good way!)

Sales ROCKSTAR (Former Employee)

I worked at SCVNGR as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great energy, young company, you can work as hard as you want and you will keep getting new opportunities. Accomplishment is encouraged and… Cons: People burn out pretty regularly (or they used to). A lot of stuff happens at the… Advice to Senior Management: Be more transparent. Don't over-work employees. Hire talent and reward… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SCVNGR.

Worked for SCVNGR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SCVNGR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SCVNGR CEO Seth Priebatsch. All reviews posted anonymously by SCVNGR employees.