SDII Global

www.sdii-global.com
  www.sdii-global.com
There are newer employer reviews for SDII Global

The field geologist position is not one I would recommend.

Current Employee - Field Geologist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Field Geologist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SDII Global

Pros

Field geologists, project managers and drillers are great people to work with. SDII also has great benefits offered to its employees.

Cons

The salary offered here is not proportionate to the amount of hours put in on a weekly basis. The normal work day is usually 10 hours or more. There is now a requirement that field workers have to work two Saturdays a month with no monetary compensation for this extra work. I have no problem going out of town but was constantly told I had to go out of town for multiple days the night before we had to leave with no forewarning. There never seems to be enough supplies in the warehouse. The per diem for out of town expenses is really low and maybe will cover a cheap dinner.

I have no problem working long days but would have appreciated getting some overtime or compensation. Keep the warehouse well stocked. Preplan out of town work so employees have forewarning to manage their lives.

10 Other Employee Reviews for SDII Global (View Most Recent)

A great opportunity for professional advancement

Current Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SDII Global

Pros

There are many opportunities for professional advancement for engineers at SDII. By making a commitment to the engineering team and to company philosophies, professionals are provided with growing responsibility, leadership opportunities, and financial incentive. The benefits package includes a comprehensive wellness program, compensation for continuing education and professional licensure, and 401K matching. Exceptional effort is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

SDII requires that its professionals be highly productive as well as leaders in their field. This may induce considerable pressure on some under prepared professionals.

Continue to support the existing staff by hiring competent and highly motivated professionals with similar work ethic and commitment to company philosophies.

Thinking about working for SdII Global? Take your talents elsewhere.

Former Employee - Field Geologist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Field Geologist in Tampa, FL

I worked at SDII Global

Pros

I really can't think of any reasons someone would want to work at Sdii. The project managers and field staff are all very nice people considering the poor pay, long hours, and difficult positions management often puts them in. You can't get fat because you will sweat way to much to put on much weight.

Cons

The hours and compensation are not adequate. The company regularaly tells you one thing and then does another. I have seen them fire unjustly and hire blindly. There is no career path available that an educated person would want to pursue. They give you absolutely no responsibility, but then consider you a "professional" therefore writing you off as a salried position in order to avoid compensating you for the crazy hours. You will not receive an honest paycheck. They expect you to go out of town for a week withouot notice and then give you a tiny per diem check which is really about half of what you necessarily will spend out of town. Most of the drilling staff is unhappy and certainly all of the geologists are disgruntled. Their main concern is whether you got the job done or not. You can go through an amazing amount of hell in order to finish a job and it will go unnoticed. Supplies are not available and the phrase "run it until it breaks" is heard regularly adding to an already unsafe working condition. You find yourself happy when you work a 10 hr day because there is a good chance you might work 17 hrs on a saturday and then come in on a monday and work 14, and then 12 on tuesday (these type conditions were par for the course). I could go on and on and on with the Cons but to sum it all up: DO NOT BRING YOUR TALENTS TO THIS COMPANY!

It is very simple. Pay some sort of OT time and stop telling us one thing and then doing another. Keep all of the money that we made for you at home. In other words: noone wants to see your boats, fine cars, RVs, Sea-do's, and the other millions you have made with our sweat. Make sure the basic supplies that are regularly needed are always available. Try preventative maintanance with the drilling rigs rather than running them until they break. Give the field geologists some responsibility. We did go to school and we can do more than break spoons and collect sand.

There are newer employer reviews for SDII Global