There are newer employer reviews for SDII Global

The field geologist position is not one I would recommend.

Current Employee - Field Geologist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Field Geologist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SDII Global

Pros

Field geologists, project managers and drillers are great people to work with. SDII also has great benefits offered to its employees.

Cons

The salary offered here is not proportionate to the amount of hours put in on a weekly basis. The normal work day is usually 10 hours or more. There is now a requirement that field workers have to work two Saturdays a month with no monetary compensation for this extra work. I have no problem going out of town but was constantly told I had to go out of town for multiple days the night before we had to leave with no forewarning. There never seems to be enough supplies in the warehouse. The per diem for out of town expenses is really low and maybe will cover a cheap dinner.

Advice to Management

I have no problem working long days but would have appreciated getting some overtime or compensation. Keep the warehouse well stocked. Preplan out of town work so employees have forewarning to manage their lives.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Excellent compnay to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SDII Global

Pros

Excellent benefits, flexible hours, significant opportunity to employees with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed, growing organization with ample opportunity. Wonderful co-workers who are fun to work with!

Cons

Extremely fast paced, high productivity environment. This environment is great for some, but difficult for others.

Advice to Management

Improve communication to staff in regard to company performance, i.e., set goals & communicate results. This would be motivating & would challenge the competitive staff to out perform past results. Provide a formal mentorship program to less experienced professionals, specifically in the Engineering and Geology arena.

2. A great opportunity for professional advancement

Current Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SDII Global

Pros

There are many opportunities for professional advancement for engineers at SDII. By making a commitment to the engineering team and to company philosophies, professionals are provided with growing responsibility, leadership opportunities, and financial incentive. The benefits package includes a comprehensive wellness program, compensation for continuing education and professional licensure, and 401K matching. Exceptional effort is recognized and rewarded.

Cons

SDII requires that its professionals be highly productive as well as leaders in their field. This may induce considerable pressure on some under prepared professionals.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the existing staff by hiring competent and highly motivated professionals with similar work ethic and commitment to company philosophies.