SDL plc
www.sdl.com Maidenhead, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

A successful company with interesting technologies.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at SDL plc

ProsThis is a very interesting area and the problems that need to be solved are challenging. The international market penetration is very broad, which gives global brand recognition to anyone involved in localization/translation. Having someone you just met tell you "oh, sure I know about Translation Memory, we use it in our company every day" is very satisfying.

ConsSDL is not your typical software company, the main business focus is not on software, so for a software engineer, that can be a little disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the company is very successful I say "keep up the good work", because whatever you are doing, it's working quite well!

Buyer beware

Software Tester (Current Employee)
Boulder, CO

I have been working at SDL plc

Pros: Lots of opportunity - the company is growing rapidly. There is a strong list of blue-chip clients who are deeply engaged with the company. Dual… Cons: Senior management has no respect for their employees - long hours are expected of you, with little in the way of recognition or reward. Such… Advice to Senior Management: Get a life - remember that employees have lives outside of SDL. Show some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Like to work long hours for free and being undervalued than SDL is for you!

Project Manager - Localization (Former Employee)

I worked at SDL plc full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not much to add here Cons: - Very low pay comparing to other L10N companies. - Long working hours and 0 compensation for it. - Zero of training and/or investment in employees. - Stingy… Advice to Senior Management: Start treating people like human beings No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SDL plc.

Worked for SDL plc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SDL plc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SDL plc CEO Mark Lancaster. All reviews posted anonymously by SDL plc employees.