There are newer employer reviews for SEC

A lot of important work for not a lot of pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SEC

Pros

You get to be part of a team that is going after some of the people that make or break economies.

Cons

They should be more upfront about a person's chances for growth and advancement within the company. After a few months, I felt I was just being used.

The Student Observer Program is great and you guys are dedicated to making it a great learning experience for us. But a little more explanation about the fact that almost no one will get hired after graduation would have been good information.

59 Other Employee Reviews for SEC (View Most Recent)

I was lucky and had amazing supervisors.

Current Employee - Summer Honors College in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Summer Honors College in Washington, DC

I have been working at SEC

Pros

The intern program was overall a really good experience. I learned a lot and enjoyed the other interns I would routinely work with.

Cons

There was no compensation unfortunately. There is a lot of stubbornness where everyone thinks they are right. There is a strict ladder of command.

Increase the training for interns. Try to get more money from congress so there can be more incentive for other interns to work there.

Serious place to work for, not that laid back

Current Employee - Management Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at SEC

Pros

My particular organization was very relaxing and inviting to work for. The chief was always giving jokes not to make us feel that our duties are always serious.

Cons

Some colleagues were not very friendly and because you are mostly around lawyers they make you feel that you are nothing.

I would not change anything with the leadership of the way Mary Schapiro conducted her business with the SEC and the staff. They are always looked out for.

There are newer employer reviews for SEC