SEI/Aaron's

www.seiaarons.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SEI/Aaron's

In this business, you are always replaceable. You are a number, a commodity, a sales strength, definitely not a person.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Worcester, MA
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Worcester, MA

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You received bonuses and commissions.

Cons

Your job is not evaluated fairly by your manager. Instead of manager's worrying about the non-significant, they need to worry about their health by putting themselves on a treadmill and relieving stress that way. The managers have no tact or class and are quick to judge others on a whim.

Keep the employees happy without making it obvious that you would like to be richer from the fruits of their success. Sometimes being a little humble goes a long way. Realize that these employees are working as hard as they can and while you're eating the best of foods, your employees are eating packaged noodles.

27 Other Employee Reviews for SEI/Aaron's (View Most Recent)

Given an opportunity to progress personally and professionally

I have been working at SEI/Aaron's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The values-based culture is definitely the bottom-line reason to work for SEI/Aaron's. It feels good to work with people who say what they mean, mean what they say and treat others in a respectful way. There is a standard for integrity that I believe is lacking in many other work environments. I also consider it a huge benefit that the company is so stable. While there have been great years and not-so-great, I have witnessed senior management working very hard to move the company forward in the direction that will provide us with growth and stability.

Cons

It would be great to see stores have the technological abilities that our customers want in terms of filling out order forms or ordering online. This is in progress, so hopefully we'll see it sooner than later.

The recent promotions and contests for associates have been so much fun! I would love to see that continue. Please continue seeking out those associates that go above and beyond for special recognition.

I worked at SEI/Aaron's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

there is nothing that I'd say positive and the only reason I would waste my time and breath on this company is because I am looking at a review of a potential new employer for myself at this time.

Cons

In 6 months of employment here 23 (TWENTY THREE) employees either quit or were fired for some reason at the store. Many walked out the first day not even completing one days work because of the way that they were talked to and treated. That may not sound crazy but there were only 5 people employed at the store total at a time. 23 employees in the course of 6 months is ridiculous.

I was a store manager at the competitors location and the next plaza and over 7 years of my employment there I never terminated one person and never had one person quit.

I had 10 EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL years experience working for the nation's LEADING rent to own company ; ____-A-Center before this place. Unfortunately an injury ended my career there. So, on to SEI Aarons. ...

I applied for a GM in training position and was told 50 hours a week and would be GM of that store in 3-6 months. Great, exactly what I did at the competitor.

They hire you and tell you you will be the GM and then back stab the other employees in the current position. The female who was GM got word of the fact I was previously successful at the competitor and the DM was planning to place me as GM there. It all went down hill from there. She openly admitted that She started to talk negatively about me to the DM and started to demand extremely unreasonable hours, and responsibilities while in the meantime not allowing me to do the necessary training for the position. She then told me that my wife and my children were now (and I quote ) "my mistress and this place was my new wife and family".

That was among many other sexual harassment / belittling / humiliation comments that the pig of a GM said to myself and other employees (who I recruited to leave their current job and follow me here because our previous success together at our last company).

so upon calling the franchise owner personally and telling him about the harassment and circumstances we were dealing with he did - NOTHING. It wasn't until we called multiple times to multiple different departments and telling them we are contemplating contacting a lawyer that they (dm and rd) finally came and termed the GM.

After that is when the humiliation / public belittling started getting very bad by the DM and RD! I got so embarrassed one day I walked out and never came back and so did the 3 friends I brought there. That's 4 more to the list of 23 by the way.

In addition to employees being treated poor, the customers were treated so disrespectfully and negatively I felt awful. I tried so hard to fix problems but the GM wouldn't let me place sales and service calls on the the schedule . The way that the GM and dm treated people were disgusting.

To put in perspective, I was there in a commission based position. Multiple previous customers of mine came over to buy merchandise from me. I was so embarrassed about the lack of customer care and service that my customers would get from the existing general manager and district manager I started to send some of the customers away to the competitors store because I cared for them so much I didn't want the service and treatment they would get from gm/dm to reflect on me and the type of business I always gave them. All in all stay ten miles away, even if you get hired as a GM in training they are back stabbing the people there currently. And if your too dumb to figure out why that's bad that means that they will do the same thing to YOU. They post jobs on Craigslist all the time and are desperate to find people who will just take the money and get treated like an idiot.

Preach customer service and satisfaction . The reason we kept you minimal (while I was at competition ) is because we didn't hide that you will pay more for rent to own. we treated people with respect because they pay our paycheck. That is why not long after my tenure there your store that should and could have put the competitor on there heels closed it's doors for good. You had a 40 mile radius of nothing but your competition you could have held the counter up and had 1500 customers easily from all the people who leave R*nt-a-cen!er because they don't like some dumb random thing about rac.

There are newer employer reviews for SEI/Aaron's