SEIU

www.seiu.org
  www.seiu.org
There are newer employer reviews for SEIU

Working for economic justice

I worked at SEIU full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, supportive work environment, budget for professional development, mentorship program, vested in the pension after five years, excellent health care benefits and a decent amount of paid time off. There is also an overall commitment inside the union to do big, bold things.

Cons

The internal politics can be extremely challenging, especially as you move up the ladder inside the organization. Too much decision-making by committee. There is also an overall lack of accountability at the highest levels of the organization, where relationships and favor-trading matter more than results.

Protect your staff from internal politics. Hold all staff accountable to transparent, measurable performance metrics.

78 Other Employee Reviews for SEIU (View Most Recent)

Good mission, terrible work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SEIU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SEIU is doing great work. Many of the staff are fantastic and you'll have the opportunity to work on some inspiring campaigns. The pay is reasonable and the benefits are the best I've had.

Cons

Internal politics create a toxic work environment. I came to SEIU because I believed in the organization but after several years here I can't take the staff drama. Several individuals take the bulldozer approach to get what they want and senior management rewards that kind of behavior.

Don't jump to conclusions and try to understand things before you issue orders.

Great place for Benefits (1199)

I have been working at SEIU

Pros

Beneifts, If you have a family, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Limited advancement opps. Too Laid back culture. Favoritism. You will get a job here if your mother or father works here too.

Less micromanagement. Throw out oudated time clock systems.

There are newer employer reviews for SEIU