SERENA Software

www.serena.com

Serena software - as cool a place to work as you could imagine.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsSerena software has morphed from a staid old company using old fashion waterfall development techniques into a vibrant software development company committed to agile development. Management has also redirected our energies into cutting edge technologies like Web 2.0, Mashups and SaaS. It's a fun place to work where I feel like I'm making a difference.

Serena is committed to community giving. Every quarter we give a day of work to one aspect of the community or another. This has included a beach cleanup day, a day cleaning, painting and refurbishing a boy's and girl's club and a day working with disadvantaged youth.

Serena is a stable company with a reliable income stream from its existing product base. In today's economy this is very reassuring.

Management understands that this is a company of people and has demonstrated a committment to its employees.

ConsBecause we are private, the opportunities for most employees to participate in stock option plans are limited. On the other hand, who's making money on options nowadays?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Serena: Great for Trendy Web2.0/SaaS Types; Not So Hot for Everyone Else

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at SERENA Software

Pros: Forging into new markets with new technologies. Cons: Serena's new management has created a culture-divide between the "new, hip Serena" which appear to be invited to stick around and enjoy the benefits of… Advice to Senior Management: The unrealized potential of the "New Serena" does not warrant the exclusionary treatment of the "old, yet proven, Serena." Provide avenues for those that helped… More

Serena Software - A Virtual Team for A Very Real World

Senior Principal (Current Employee) Kennedale, TX

I have been working at SERENA Software

Pros: Most of us are based from our own homes where we either have a "home office" like I do or merely work from their between… Cons: You have to work staying connected just because we don't all share the same water cooler. Also software and consulting are an up and… Advice to Senior Management: Good job. Think real. Plow ahead. Make… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SERENA Software.

Worked for SERENA Software? Contribute to the Community!