SERENA Software

www.serena.com
  www.serena.com
There are newer employer reviews for SERENA Software

Serena is in a perpetual state of improvement - going from great to really great to even better!

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at SERENA Software

Pros

1. Serena is in a perpetual state of improvement in terms of people, process and technologies. Just when you think something might need a little adjustment, Serena is already two steps ahead and attending to whatever might need a little fixing, enhancing, or looking into. While Serena has serious solutions for ALM, PPM and Business Mashups, the company doesn't take itself too seriously which makes it a fun place to work. Employees are encouraged to learn new things, share thoughts, ideas, participate in social networking.
2. SBM - Awesome! (Compelling information; Easy to understand; Easy to navigate; Informative Demos)
3. PPM - Awesome! (Compelling information; Easy to understand; Easy to navigate; Informative Demos)

Cons

1. We sell a broad spectrum of cross-platform solutions and it can be challenging to keep up-to-speed on the technical details of each product, the product market space and a variety of competitive solutions. Until recently, there was a lack of job-specific employee techical training and it has been assumed that each employee should train themselves. This is inefficient and results in a longer than necessary time to get new employees up-to-speed.
2. Field Sales Teams are not adequately incented (Commissioned) to sell SaaS solutions. Based on what I'm paid to sell on-premise vs. on-demand - I'll only mention SaaS as a last resort. This needs to be addressed if we want to encourage SaaS sales.
3. It's May and we just recieved our performance reviews for FY08 (Feb07-Jan08). Raises (whether we recieve one or not) will be discussed at an even later date. This should be completed sooner.
3. While embracing new PPM and SBM customers, I'm concerned that as a company we do not have an adequate communication strategy for and have not focused enough attention on our existing customer base (primarily PVCS, TeamTrack and ZMF) to better help them tranisition to newer and/or additional Serena solutions. It kind of embarrasses me because I represent Serena and I would never neglect my customers... yet we seem to be doing just that.
4. ALM - Our website looks and feels as complicated as our ALM solution offering.

We're headed in the right direction. In the excitement and rush to new markets, let's not forget/neglect/fail to address what this means to our loyal customers. Please continue to help us all to prepare so that we can be the best team we can possibly be! Let's work on making ALM as exciting and compelling as SBM & PPM by enhancing the look and feel of both Dimensions and the ALM web site.

111 Other Employee Reviews for SERENA Software (View Most Recent)

Great Environment to be creative.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at SERENA Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High qualified professionals and excellent products.

Cons

Poor benefits and high turnover.

Pay more attention to the benefits and new headcounts.

10+ Years with the company, good people, good environment and a modern approach to working

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at SERENA Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good team to work with & good culture, nice UK location & office, 'get it done approach' without too much politics, salary is competitive. Appreciation of the work/life balance. The installed base is still strong and many Company's have relied on Serena's software for the last decade+. Lots of potential to expand by focusing on a smaller group of core products.

Cons

Company is now stable but not growing, too may strategy changes and trying to dabble in different markets (without a lot of success). The product portfolio was too broad (now fixed)

Define the strategy and stick to it.

There are newer employer reviews for SERENA Software