There are newer employer reviews for SERENA Software

Our time is now!

Current Employee - Product Leader in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Product Leader in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SERENA Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The industry focus on Release Management has never been greater. The legacy and leadership that Serena provides in this market place is unparalleled. Never, in Serena's 30+ years of legendary history, have the forces of the market and the capabilities of the technology been better matched.

Serena is uniquely placed to enfold and embrace client processes and existing technology. Competitors must rip-and-replace which is painful and risky.

Within the next 18 to 24 months Serena will be the must have, the first and only choice for every organization addressing Enterprise Release Management. And that is every organization.

Cons

Serena is incredibly customer focused. The support team are recognized as best-in-class. The technical sales team are very talented and can make Serena solutions match customer needs in the field consistently.

However the focus on the employee is not always there but the company does recognize exceptional customer centric contributions consistently.

Time to exploit this incredible opportunity of time and technology and own this market.

110 Other Employee Reviews for SERENA Software (View Most Recent)

There comes a time when you have to stop crossing the ocean for people who would not even jump a puddle for you

Former Employee - Director of Professional Services
    Former Employee - Director of Professional Services

I worked at SERENA Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Small startup mentality and scrambling to survive

Cons

Watch your back. Senior management is more like a bunch of back stabbers. If you so much as question or disagree, you are put on the next list to be laid off. Does not matter how well you perform or even if you meet and exceed your goals. Crunch time comes and your neck is laid out on the block. Lots of GOOD hard workers have had their lives turned upside down because of them.

Try not to do what the Government has just done and stick your heads in the san and listen to the few and not the masses.

I loved it..

I worked at SERENA Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I worked there during the heyday. Those days from the IPO to the first in the series of layoffs. When I started, it was a small company. As it grew, it expanded and lost some of the initial charm but maintained a core. During the big acquisition phases, the company completely changed. Some acquisitions went well.. while others did not. Then started the revolving door in the executive suite. I left before the carnage got bad, just on the other of the great times.

Cons

It's been a while. I left due to a number of different reasons. I don't feel comfortable saying anything, as I left 4+ years ago.

Stop changing product names. A customer can't research anything if the product names change constantly. Set a vision, a goal and work toward it. Reward the loyal employees and get rid of those who are dead weight. But upper management has little clue as to who is good and who isn't. So do some research before laying people off. They laid off great people due to location and kept lackluster performers due to their location and spent more to support them.

There are newer employer reviews for SERENA Software