There are newer employer reviews for SERENA Software

My stay at Serena was short but nevertheless full of fun and excitement.

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - Software Developer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SERENA Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would like to thank each and every one of you for showing me something new, challenging me and helping me ship software. Above all, I am glad I had the chance to meet so many smart and fun people.

Cons

Too many projects going at one time and not enough time in the day to get it all done.

You really need to listen to your folks and make sure they have the tools, time and means to be successful.

109 Other Employee Reviews for SERENA Software (View Most Recent)

Had promise - failed to execute

I worked at SERENA Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most of the people were friendly. Culturally, it was a nice place to work. Employees from different departments were usually willing to help colleagues when called upon.

Cons

Executive management never could focus on any one thing and do it well. Over the years, Serena acquired and/or built a number of companies and technologies, only to let them wither on the vine (software change management, ITSM, workflow/BPM, PPM, content management, etc). They tried to sell a vision of orchestrating IT across the boards, but customers were more interested in buying products that solved specific problems than in taking on the challenge of integrating their entire IT department. Serena would have been better off narrowing the focus to a specific area and becoming the best-in-class provider of solutions in that area.

Sell the company.

Our time is now!

Current Employee - Product Leader  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Product Leader in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SERENA Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The industry focus on Release Management has never been greater. The legacy and leadership that Serena provides in this market place is unparalleled. Never, in Serena's 30+ years of legendary history, have the forces of the market and the capabilities of the technology been better matched.

Serena is uniquely placed to enfold and embrace client processes and existing technology. Competitors must rip-and-replace which is painful and risky.

Within the next 18 to 24 months Serena will be the must have, the first and only choice for every organization addressing Enterprise Release Management. And that is every organization.

Cons

Serena is incredibly customer focused. The support team are recognized as best-in-class. The technical sales team are very talented and can make Serena solutions match customer needs in the field consistently.

However the focus on the employee is not always there but the company does recognize exceptional customer centric contributions consistently.

Time to exploit this incredible opportunity of time and technology and own this market.

There are newer employer reviews for SERENA Software

Worked for SERENA Software? Contribute to the Community!