SGK
www.sgkinc.com Des Plaines, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Employees but Toxic work environment

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SGK

ProsThe employees are really smart and know what they are doing. The staff is very talented and creative. The benefits package is also very good.

ConsManagement does not have a clue what we do. Morale is very low and there are rarely ever any moments of celebration. Layoffs are frequent and we are never really told why, other than to save money. Compensation is way below average and the raises are non-existent. We are always told retaining employees and career advancement are a priority but since it never done, it is just lip service.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your company. I know you need your clients but without your employees, you would not be who you are. Treat your people with more respect and really look at your compensation options. Reward your employees for their hard work and dedication. You will have a much happier and dedicated workforce for it.

horrible

Designer (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at SGK

Pros: commute is easy lots of places to eat and shop around… Cons: extremely low pay no performance reviews no raises management has no clue what… Advice to Senior Management: monkey see monkey do, remember you are an example to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at SGK

Pros: -Benefits package was very generous and reasonably priced. -Chicago location is… Cons: -Management is very under trained. -Many managers are more interested in telling the teams how much they messed up… Advice to Senior Management: You have good employees. You need to treat them well. Show them that you appreciate them by giving raises and paying them what they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SGK.

Worked for SGK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SGK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SGK CEO David A. Schawk. All reviews posted anonymously by SGK employees.